Legalsense B.V. (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Information We may Collect from You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site rekenprogramma.legalsense.nl (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, participate in any discussion boards, forums or other social media functions on our site or enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number, financial and credit card information. We also store the Content that your upload or provide to the Service in order to provide you with the features and functionality of the Service.
- Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you from individuals or corporate entities which are subscribers to our service (‘Subscribers’) where you are to be designated a user of our service. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, subcontractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them, subject to your agreements with them.
Technologies such as: cookies, tags and scripts are used by Legalsense B.V. and analytics or online customer support service providers. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
Log Files - As is true of most web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system and/or date/time stamp data.
We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve services we offer you, to improve marketing, analytics, or site functionality.
Uses Made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us
We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us or between a Subscriber and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you or a Subscriber request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way please unsubscribe from our newsletter through the link at the bottom of the e-mail;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you
We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between a Subscriber and us;
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you, Subscribers and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources.
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of Your Information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which includes our subsidiaries.
- Business partners, vendors, suppliers and subcontractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you or a corporate entity which is a subscriber.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our site.
- Aggregated demographic information from our user base without personally identifiable data.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Legalsense B.V. or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply our terms and conditions of service and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Legalsense B.V., our customers, or others.
- If Legalsense B.V. is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
User Access and Choice
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may ask to have it removed from a public forum, directory or testimonial on our site by emailing our Customer Support at email@example.com or by contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed on this page. We will respond to your request to access within 30 days.
From time to time we may contact you to share information about Legalsense, or about other products and services we believe may be of interest. If you do not want to receive e-mails or other messages from Legalsense you can click ‘Unsubscribe’ from an email or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be removed from our Legalsense mailinglist.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers in a controlled environment with limited access. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
While no transmission of information via the internet is completely secure, we take reasonable measures to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Links to Other Sites
Our website may contain links to other websites that are created and maintained by others. Though the existence of a link on our website probably means that we think you’ll find the information interesting, we can’t guarantee the accuracy or completeness of anything on those websites, and we don’t assume any responsibility for anything contained on those sites. In addition, their privacy policies may be different than ours.
With consent, we may display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our site, along with other endorsements. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at email@example.com.